Montreal or Quebec, QC full-time: Full-time position
Alpha Ministries Canada is a national Christian non-profit organization with creative and highly motivated people that work together to serve the Church in Canada. Alpha has an exciting opportunity for an individual to be at the forefront in supporting the vision & mission of Alpha Canada in Quebec and to Francophones in Canada, by serving the Church to fulfill its mission of evangelization through Alpha.
The role of the Senior Advisor will work on the development and implementation strategy for Quebec, as well as other parts of francophone Canada, according to local contextual realities and needs. This role is also charged with the responsibility of coaching and equipping leaders to maximize the potential of Alpha in their communities and local context, and identifying potential future Alpha leaders and volunteers.
We are looking for a candidate who has had experience as a church leader at the local level. They will also be a self-starter who is enterprising, excited about goals, can be informed by data and driven by a love for connecting with new people and creating engagement. The ideal candidate will be bilingual, fluent speaking and writing in French and English. In addition, they are highly persuasive, action oriented and should demonstrate a track record of achieving strategic goals and targets. Recent and personal Alpha experience is important to your effectiveness.
What you get to do:
● Building and maintaining relationships with pastors, pastoral staff, priests, deacons, clergy and lay leadership for the sake of advancing the gospel in Quebec, and Francophone Canada.
● Promote best practices of Alpha and model the Alpha DNA and culture as well as creating innovative approaches in responding to the Quebec church context, as well as other Francophone regions of Canada.
● Meet with local volunteer leaders within the region in order to envision, encourage, develop, support, listen to feedback and promote the partnerships of local training events and other joint events.
● Continuously Innovate: Pushes the organization to think differently and explore new opportunities to serve the Church in Canada
● Lead, host or collaborate in webinars
Salary is competitive within the nonprofit sector of our size, and commensurate with experience, including medical/dental benefits . As a Senior Advisor you receive the opportunity to be a minister of Alpha Canada.
How to apply: We are looking for the most passionate, driven person to join our team because we believe our work has eternal significance. If this job is for you, we invite you to submit a cover letter, your resume and references which would include a reference from your senior pastor, priest or ministry director to email@example.com, or mail to the following address noting: