Full-time position (Ontario – Remote)
Alpha Ministries Canada, a national Christian non-profit organization, is seeking an experienced Major Gifts Officer to join their growing Development Team. Alpha is a global brand with a large national presence across all of the major Christian denominations. We want you to bring your heart and gifts and serve a pressing need in Canada. If you are an experienced fundraiser with a passion for the Canadian Church, seeing people learn about Jesus, and journeying alongside donors to help them grow spiritually and in their giving, we would love to hear from you!
This is an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic professional with a proven track record in major gift fundraising and a heart to engage donors more deeply in what the Holy Spirit is doing in Canada through Alpha.
We are looking for a minimum of three (3) years of experience in major gift fundraising, with a proven track record of securing significant gifts of $50,000 and more. The candidate should also have exceptional interpersonal and relationship-building skills with the ability to connect authentically with individuals from diverse backgrounds. They would be highly organized, detail-oriented, and able to manage multiple priorities and deadlines effectively.
Bachelor’s degree or higher with a Certified Fund-Raising Executive (CFRE) credential is preferred. Education is important, yet a curious and proactive learner’s mindset is also valued. This role will also use fundraising databases like Salesforce, and prospect research tools.
WHAT YOU GET TO DO
- Develop and implement a comprehensive major gifts fundraising strategy in collaboration with the Development team.
- Identify, cultivate, and steward major donors, with a focus on building long-term relationships.
- Collaborate with the Chief Development Officer to create lead indicator targets (inputs), most predictive of financial goal success (outputs).
- Create and deliver compelling and persuasive proposals, presentations, and other materials to engage potential major donors.
- Conduct thorough research to identify new major gift prospects and stay informed about philanthropic trends.
- Ensure a personalized and meaningful experience for major donors, consistent with Alpha’s values and a Christian philosophy of fundraising.
- Willingness to be flexible in your schedule, occasionally working evenings and weekends as required – the schedule is often determined by donor availability and/or fundraising events
- Must be motivated to push yourself to meet activity and fundraising goals
- Open to travel within and out-of-province to meet potential donors
Christian professional fundraising is a challenging, yet noble profession. Competitive and fair compensation can be expected in the salary range of $85,000-95,000 CAD plus benefits, depending on qualifications.
How to apply
By January 29, 2024 please e-mail a cover letter, resume, your references and a portfolio of any communications/marketing work to Jon Lee (HR Manager) at firstname.lastname@example.org, noting:
Re: Application – Major Gifts Officer
See our website for more information about Alpha Canada — no phone calls or other email inquiries will be accepted.