Location: Ontario, preferably the Greater Toronto Area
What would it be like to use your gifts and talents everyday to express your love, excitement and devotion for God alongside your friends? Here at Alpha Canada that is what we do and who we do it with everyday.
Our Senior Advisors have a deep love for the whole church, its leaders, and a missionary heart to see more people in relationship with Jesus. This role will report to the National Director of Church Engagement to influence, foster and nurture more churches to run Alpha’s across the country. Building relationships through regular engagement, vision casting, seeking out those that might fall in the cracks and cheering on a portfolio of strategic churches that can multiply their impact in the community are key objectives in this role. You will be connecting with pastoral leaders and lay leadership at churches across all denominational lines in Canada, but we want to start with a particular emphasis on the GTA and Ontario.
We are interested in a candidate who has experience successfully conveying an idea or vision through a listen first process. They will need to be a self-starter who is enterprising, can be informed by data and driven by a love for connecting with new people. If you strive to reach for goals and accomplish them, want to be impactful and can demonstrate a track record of achieving strategic goals and targets, you should apply.
Recent and personal Alpha experience is essential to your effectiveness. Sales or related experience is advantageous and time serving in or with senior church leaders is a benefit. Competency in either French or Mandarin is advantageous.
What you get to do:
- Create strategies to connect with prospective churches
- Excite church leaders around their dreams of what is possible in evangelism and communicate the opportunities and solutions Alpha provides to churches
- Make new connections and build relationships with church leaders not yet running Alpha
- Work with an existing portfolio of key churches from across Canada providing regular engagement and support
- Continuously Innovate: Bring to Alpha Canada your best thinking that allows us to explore new opportunities to serve the Church in Canada
- The opportunity to lead, host or collaborate in online or in-person events
- Traveling to meet in-person and get to use great digital tools that enhance your relationships with the church and the Alpha Canada team across the country
- Prepare and keep good documentation for others to follow
Compensation: Salary is competitive within the nonprofit sector of our size, and commensurate with experience. We also have an extended medical and dental benefits package. As a Senior Advisor you will receive the opportunity to be a minister of Alpha Canada which has responsibility and benefits.
How to Apply
We are looking for the most passionate, driven person to join our team because we believe our work has eternal significance. If this job is for you, we invite you to submit a cover letter, your resume and references to contact, which would include a reference contact from your senior pastor, priest or ministry director, to email@example.com.
Re: Application – Senior Advisor
See our website alphacanada.org for more information about Alpha Ministries Canada — no phone calls please.