New Westminster, BC/Remote: Full-time position, available immediately.
Alpha Ministries Canada, a national Christian non-profit organization, seeks an individual who has the heart for the youth in Canada. Alpha is a global brand with a large national presence across all of the major Christian denominations. We need someone to lead Alpha Canada in serving youth leaders in their mission to engage, equip and empower the next generation for evangelism through Alpha. The Alpha for Youth Director will also sit on the Alpha Canada Leadership Team, contributing to organizational strategy.
This opportunity requires a person who has passion for strategically leading Alpha Canada’s ministry for the next generation. A minimum of 5 years’ experience leading and working with youth in a ministry or organizational context is required for success in this fast-paced, hands-on role which drives our growing service to youth, youth workers and campus ministries across Canada. We are looking for a dynamic builder who has experience creating experiences for youth, to engage them more deeply in faith that is both demonstrated and proclaimed.
We need someone skilled in youth engagement and learning, with a keen understanding of youth emotional, social and spiritual development. This person needs to have the ability to take new concepts from idea to implementation, rapidly learning and scaling up where appropriate. This person is well organized, proactive, innovative and resourceful. This opportunity is for the person who wants to bring hope and inspiration to his or her team, the church and the next generation in Canada.
What you get to do:
- Next Gen strategic plan creation and implementation, as well as ongoing oversight and management of the strategy and team
- Contribute to the church engagement strategy with the senior team
- Listen and learn from youth experts, church leaders, youth leaders and youth directly to understand youth culture today, across contexts and denominations
- Develop and grow online engagement and programs for youth
- Host webinars and youth cohorts in person and online to inspire and encourage
- Leadership and development of a growing youth team and volunteers
- Creating meaningful in person, event-based experiences, as well as digital programming for both youth and youth leaders
Salary is competitive within the non-profit sector of our size, and commensurate with experience. Benefits package included.
By March 6, 2023 please e-mail a cover letter, resume, your references to Jon Lee (HR Manager) at email@example.com, noting:
Re: Application – Alpha for Youth Director
See our website for more information about Alpha Canada — no phone calls or other email inquiries will be accepted.