Full Time Term: May 17, 2021 to August 31, 2021 with possibility for extension
Alpha Ministries Canada, a national Christian non-profit organization with an office in New Westminster, BC, seeks an enthusiastic and diligent self-starter who is looking to gain experience in marketing and communications, working on data and research. We’re an organization that is engaged with each other and the church in Canada by making a big deal about Jesus and having fun doing it. We will encourage you to do what you love and to be good at it.
This is an exciting opportunity for an individual to support Alpha Canada’s projects and initiatives. They will work with our Marketing and Communications team and collaborate with multiple departments, including those serving Youth, the Catholic Church in Canada, francophone churches and cultural churches. This person will have a passion for design and creativity, and a deep love for the whole church in Canada. They will display joy, positive energy and encouragement to both the team and external stakeholders.
The best fit for this role will be someone working towards a post-secondary degree, preferably with some educational experience in business, marketing or communications. You will have some experience in design, project coordination and administration. Proficiency in design software, understanding of social media platforms and some CRM (Salesforce) knowledge would be preferred but not required. You will have good oral and written communication skills, strong organizational and interpersonal skills, and an eye for detail. You will be excellent at time management and have an eagerness to learn.
What you get to do:
- Project and production coordination for the organizations fall marketing and communication campaigns
- Data analysis of marketing initiatives and salesforce data
- Assist in content writing (blog, collateral, website)
- Provide administrative support
- Assist in social media management of the brand
- Email marketing support
- Be highly relational and communicative with your team
- Receive regular mentorship and support to implement your own personal development plan
$15.20/hour, plus pay in lieu of vacation.
How to apply:
By May 10, 2021, please email a cover letter, portfolio or examples of your work, resume and your references to email@example.com.
Re: Application – Marketing Associate
Please indicate in your application that you confirm to qualify for the grant requirements below as well as the skill and experience requirements above.
To be eligible, youth must:
- Be between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of the employment
- Be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act for the duration of the employment
- Have a valid Social Insurance Number at the start of employment and be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial or territorial legislation and regulations
See our website alphacanada.org for more information about Alpha Ministries Canada.
Alpha Canada is dedicated to partnering with the Church in Canada, its donors and volunteers that run Alpha.