Research Support Officer
Full Time Term: May 17, 2021 to August 31, 2021 with possibility for extension
Alpha Ministries Canada, a national Christian non-profit organization with an office in New Westminster, BC, seeks an enthusiastic and diligent self-starter who loves data, research and analysis. We’re an organization that is engaged with each other and the church in Canada by making a big deal about Jesus and having fun doing it. We will encourage you to do what you love and to be good at it.
This is an exciting opportunity for an individual to execute multiple research projects and share an analysis of their findings. They will work with our data team and collaborate with multiple departments, including those serving Youth, the Catholic Church in Canada, francophone churches and cultural churches, to provide valuable insight into how we can better serve and love the whole church in Canada. This person will have a passion for numbers, and a deep love for the whole church in Canada. They will display joy, positive energy and encouragement to both the team and external stakeholders.
The best fit for this role will be someone working towards a post-secondary degree, preferably with some educational experience in business, statistics, cultural studies or religious studies. You will have some experience in data entry, management and/or customer service. You will need to be proficient in Microsoft Office, and some CRM (Salesforce) knowledge would be preferred but not required. You will have good oral and written communication skills, strong organizational and interpersonal skills, and an eye for detail. You will be excellent at time management and have an eagerness to learn.
What you get to do:
Execute multiple research projects
- Learn to synthesize data from multiple sources
- Manage and input data into our CRM system
- Contribute key insights into our growing work to serve francophone and cultural churches – Auditing and cleaning existing data
- Assist with some administrative support
- Communicate findings verbally or in written form
- Be highly relational and communicative with your team
- Receive regular mentorship and support to implement your own personal development plan
$15.20/hour, plus pay in lieu of vacation.
How to apply:
By May 10, 2021, please email a cover letter, resume and your references to email@example.com – Re: Application – Research Support Officer.
Please indicate in your application that you confirm to qualify for the grant requirements below as well as the skill and experience requirements above.
To be eligible, youth must:
- Be between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of the employment
- Be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act for the duration of the employment
- Have a valid Social Insurance Number at the start of employment and be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial or territorial legislation and regulations
See our website alphacanada.org for more information about Alpha Ministries Canada.
Alpha Canada is dedicated to partnering with the Church in Canada, its donors and volunteers that run Alpha.