Alpha Ministries Canada, a national Christian non-profit organization with an office in New Westminster, BC. We’re an organization that is engaged with each other and the church in Canada by making a big deal about Jesus and having fun doing it. We will encourage you to do what you love and to be good at it. Alpha Canada and this role works in partnership with Alpha International which is based in London, U.K.
MyAlpha is a digital platform and online tool that provides churches, organisations and individuals with everything they need to run successful Alphas. It contains resources to plan and run their Alpha course, including the Alpha video products (such as the Alpha Film Series, Alpha Youth Series), discussion guides, training and promotional materials.
As Senior Product Manager for MyAlpha you will own the global product vision and execution for MyAlpha, the “Run Alpha” product experience. This is a strategically important and global impact role. You will define, refine, build and execute the full product strategy, working backwards from the needs of our customers, and collaborate closely with global stakeholders, regional and national teams, UX and engineering to develop and launch features. You will engage our stakeholders across Alpha, including central functions and downstream partners, as well as external partners and vendors, to gather input and business requirements for new releases, product optimisation, and ultimately translating Alpha objectives into the product.
What you get to do:
- Full ownership of MyAlpha “Run Alpha” product vision, strategy and execution
- Development and refinement of end-to-end Alpha course administration digital experience and user journey
- Management of product backlog, using tools such as Jira, for ongoing prioritisation of customer and business requirements
- Management and mitigation of day-to-day product operational risks and issues
- Iterative development of product roadmap development working backwards from the customer and responding to identified opportunities
- Facilitate collaboration across teams and functions.
- Development of documents and communications articulating vision, strategy, status, risks and issues for senior management and stakeholders
- Ongoing assessment of evolving customer needs, tech solutions, and global/local emerging trends
- Management of product budget
What we’d love to see
- Minimum of five years experience in tech product, program, project management and/or management consulting in a complex organisational environment.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- Experience with end-to-end product delivery, overseeing roadmap, strategy and definition
- Experience working across cross-functional teams to deliver products and projects
- Strong quantitative skills, particularly in Excel and Jira. Ability to use data, metrics and feedback to build user stories, feature requirements, and drive actions
- High attention to detail and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously with minimal supervision
- Ability to think strategically and execute methodically
- Strong management of senior and executive level stakeholders
- Strong bias for action and willingness to roll up sleeves to get the job done.
- A highly collaborative style and able to thrive in a team environment
- Ability to compelling articulate vision and strategy; and present complex information clearly and concisely
- Passionate about enabling the growth of Alpha
What to expect from us
- Flexible work environment. Work remote or in-office
- Supportive, diverse, faith-filled work environment
- Work that really makes a difference
- A competitive benefits and salary package
- Yearly personal development budget (courses, seminars, workshops etc)
- The tools you need to get your job done well
How to Apply
If you have a passion for the local church and want to utilize your gifts towards building the kingdom, please email a cover letter, resume and your references to Jon Lee (HR Manager) at firstname.lastname@example.org, noting:
Re: Application – Senior Product Manager
See our website alphacanada.org for more information about Alpha Ministries Canada — no phone calls please.